from 9-11 am to
168 Locking Road
and I will be there to help you
with Community Connect.
The service has community agents and community development workers working actively in communities.
Their role is to contact individuals and support them to stay connected, supported and active in their communities so they can remain living independently at home for as long as they choose.
The Community Connect service looks to support people by improving awareness of services, support and advice and by helping them to access support. This could include:
● Increasing income by providing benefits advice
● Increasing ability to remain at home with social care support
● Maintaining their home or considering other housing options
● Information on local social groups
● Information on reliable gardening services
● Information on local health groups and advice
● Reducing social isolation and loneliness through links with local
networks and support
● Promoting independence through befriending and enablement
● Helping to create new community groups where these are needed
including applying for funding.
Community Connect also supports the Senior Community Link (SCL)
groups, which exist to give older people a way to influence local
service development and raise issues facing older people in North
Community Connect also works in partnership with voluntary and
community groups and local businesses to increase the support
available in the community.
If you know someone who would benefit from this service please
contact Community Connect (Mon-Fri), who will take a referral and
contact the person concerned.
01275 888 803